- Pastoral Manager required, permanent and part-Time.Beaufort SchoolStechford Road
0121 675 8500 option 3
Wanted for the Summer 2022 or sooner if available-Pastoral Manager (Grade 4)
Salary Range: Scale Point 23-31 dependent on experience
- Beaufort School is a Community day SEN primary setting for 86 children aged 2 – 11 years with severe and complex learning difficulties. We collaborate closely with our co-located partners Colebourne Primary School and our federated partner, Langley School, working together to achieve success for all.
- We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated Pastoral Manager to support the school’s Senior Leadership Team by ensuring effective and appropriate support is in place for vulnerable pupils with complex and severe learning difficulties
- The person appointed will work under the guidance of the Deputy Headteacher (Pastoral & Safeguarding) to facilitate a range of interventions by school and external agencies and to monitor their effectiveness. These may include attendance initiatives, support for mental health and wellbeing, behaviour and engagement strategies, child and family wellbeing services, safeguarding measures and high needs support. The successful candidate will have experience of working productively with vulnerable and/or challenging pupils and their families, as well as with school staff and outside agencies. Knowledge and training of safeguarding will be an advantage.
- Applicants must be approachable, compassionate, child-centred, pro-active, resilient and solution-focused. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be capable of building and maintaining positive working relationships. Strong organisational, record-keeping and time-management skills are vital, as is the ability to work effectively upon one’s own initiative as well as part of an experienced, dynamic and supportive team.
- The role will require the ability to make balanced judgements and take decisions regarding appropriate next steps relating to guidance, support and care. It will involve extensive interaction with and supervision of young people with a range of complex needs. The successful applicant will be in regular supportive contact with the young people’s parents/carers.
- We are keen to receive applications from energetic, committed and hard-working applicants who are ready to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of our pupils and their families.
Please contact the office on 0121 675 8500 opt 3 to book an informal visit
Beaufort School is committed to safeguarding, equal opportunities and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks including:
- Enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications, medical fitness; identity and right to work
- All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references
- BCC is a Living Wage employer
Closing Date: Friday 4th February at noon
Interview Date: Week beginning: 7th February 2022
To access the full job description and person specification relating to this post, please click here.